Skip to main content

Random Ramblings

I was supposed to have a DLS blog post ready for today but it's not ready yet due to some unfortunate circumstances so I've decided to write and upload something more random today. Who knows, maybe this will eventually become a tradition.

I will let my train of thoughts lead me wherever it wants to go and maybe later pick out interesting thoughts for more serious standalone blog posts.





Yesterday was very stressful for me. I had a fight with both my mom and sister on the same day and they sort of bailed out of sorting it out right there on the spot. Then they've spent half of the day talking about how to approach me and make up, while I was alone in my room thinking that they are mad at me. Communication is key! So many arguments could have been avoided if people would just say what they expect from the other party. It's hard to resolve a conflict if you're not talking about it.

And then when that was over with, it turned out that I had offended someone on the internet. And now that someone was trying to put me down and give me a bad reputation. So I had to spend the rest of the day replying to rude comments and asking the moderators for help. I'll make a mental note to tell you guys about it later (without mentioning any names of course). Maybe I'll come back to this story in a year or two, once the emotions are completely calmed down and I can talk about it without expecting an immediate backlash.

I'm now 4k+ words into my novel. I would've reached the first tiny milestone were it not for yesterday's scuffles. But I'm glad with how it's going. I've watched a ton of youtube videos on writing and joined a couple of writing groups on facebook. I may even write a series of blog posts about my writing process. So that's something to look forward to.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying writing fiction in English. And the thought that I may even try and publish my novel one day also warms my heart. When I was writing in Ukrainian there would always be this subconscious feeling of futility lingering somewhere in the back of my mind. It's great to finally be rid of that.

There were other things that were also disturbing my peace this week, but now when I look at them they don't seem worth even mentioning here. It's the same old "people are stupid and disrespectful" story everyone has probably heard a dozen times before.

So that's how my week's been. Lots of ups and downs and a snowstorm behind my window. Let's hope next week will be warmer both in regards to weather and people.

Comments

  1. I am sorry about this week,you are right communication is key I hate when people get so passive and do not just express their hurt to the person instead of attacking them :(
    Something that really helps me to get through all that is knowing that I can not control other people and their reactions but I can control and work on myself. You have the power to control your reactions and attitude to the whole thing. Don't let people's immaturity dictate how you feel about yourself Ever!
    Thanks for sharing and being so honest :)

    Nikki O.
    herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Nikki! I'll try keep that in mind and not get so upset with situations like that. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dissecting Literature Series Intro

Hello there, friends! Today I'll tell you about what I have in mind for this blog when it comes to book-themed posts and reviews. What I've noticed from my previous blogging experience it's common practice to review books, be it ARCs or something you've picked out from your home library, giving the potential reader a general idea of what to expect from the plot and characters. Personally, I was never able to do that sort of book reviews.
When it comes to books it's always personal for me. Books trigger something in me, provoking thoughts and bringing out feelings from deep within. Every book has something that goes beyond the story. It has a piece of the author's heart and soul. The more I read the more I see how many books are written from the personal experience of the author, which they often admit themselves. Books are a reflection of the author's personal surroundings. And you can notice it in every book once you start paying attention. Whether it'…

Quotes | The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy by Agota Kristof

I was going through some old blog entries from the times when I was blogging in my native language, and came across a collection of quotes from one of my favorite books The Notebook by Agota Kristof. It's actually a trilogy but for some reason the Russian translation which I was reading goes by the name of the first book from The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy.
I read this book in the summer of 2012. The Twins Trilogy was hands down one of the weirdest books I've ever read. The plot kept on twisting and turning and by the end I wasn't sure what to believe. It's probably high time to re-read this book and see if I now have a different perception of it.
It is a story of two twin boys during the Second World War. Or at least that's what's on the surface. I dare you to read this book and discover its mysteries for yourself!
Here are some of the quotes from the book that I would like to share with you today. I couldn't find these particular quotes in English so a…

My Master List of Projects | #amwriting

For the last few weeks, I've been decluttering my room and trying to organize my belongings. Those who follow me on Twitter probably know that I've even started making a catalogue of my home library. A project that will probably take me a few months since most of the books I own are old Soviet and early post-Soviet editions, which means I'll have to manually add them to the database. By the end of this project, I'll finally know how many books I own exactly. So that's something to look forward to.

I've also been organizing the files on my PC and Google Drive where I keep most of my writing projects and thought that it would be interesting to make a list of all of my projects so that it'd be easier for me to know what I'm supposed to be working on and track my progress. That's why I've decided to write this blog post and share it with you guys. I have to warn you though that I have a lot of projects and just came up with another one after a shor…