Skip to main content

Change of plans | #amwriting

I haven't updated my blog in a month. I've promised myself to be consistent. I've decided to do it the right way this time. I even had nearly finished drafts of blog posts waiting to be published. And still I haven't made an effort to polish them off and update my blog.

I can think of many excuses for why I've failed to stick to my own commitments. But the truth is... I wasn't even thinking about my blog in the last month. I didn't feel the need to update it.

I've only started blogging here a few months ago, so it's not like I'm ditching a serious project. I'm not yet serious here with this blog. It's just a place for me to let out some steam and practice my English writing. So I won't let the fact that I haven't updated for a month worry me too much.

I was thinking about the bar that I was trying to set for this blog. I came up with a few interesting ideas for it, like the DLS. But I'm not that sure that I really want to write that. I like the idea, but there are other things I want to work on, that are more important for me in the long run. And I think that my blog should reflect that. I should learn to let go of interesting ideas and stop trying to juggle a few projects at the same time.

I don't want to let this blog become another stress factor for me. So for now I don't know if I'll be updating it regularly or at all. I just know that if I feel like writing and publishing a blog post or two, I'll do it without any feeling of guilt or regret.

Another thing that I wanted to talk about was this whole #amwriting thing that some of you may have noticed from my twitter feed. And I think I've mentioned it once here too... I'm working on a novel right now, so some of my blog posts may be about that as well. I think it even might be more interesting than the DLS. That's also one of the reasons why I don't want to make this blog the main focus of my writing. If I ever want to publish this book then I should be writing it instead of weekly blog updates. I want to focus on my real goals and stop distracting myself with side projects all the time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dissecting Literature Series Intro

Hello there, friends! Today I'll tell you about what I have in mind for this blog when it comes to book-themed posts and reviews. What I've noticed from my previous blogging experience it's common practice to review books, be it ARCs or something you've picked out from your home library, giving the potential reader a general idea of what to expect from the plot and characters. Personally, I was never able to do that sort of book reviews.
When it comes to books it's always personal for me. Books trigger something in me, provoking thoughts and bringing out feelings from deep within. Every book has something that goes beyond the story. It has a piece of the author's heart and soul. The more I read the more I see how many books are written from the personal experience of the author, which they often admit themselves. Books are a reflection of the author's personal surroundings. And you can notice it in every book once you start paying attention. Whether it'…

Quotes | The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy by Agota Kristof

I was going through some old blog entries from the times when I was blogging in my native language, and came across a collection of quotes from one of my favorite books The Notebook by Agota Kristof. It's actually a trilogy but for some reason the Russian translation which I was reading goes by the name of the first book from The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy.
I read this book in the summer of 2012. The Twins Trilogy was hands down one of the weirdest books I've ever read. The plot kept on twisting and turning and by the end I wasn't sure what to believe. It's probably high time to re-read this book and see if I now have a different perception of it.
It is a story of two twin boys during the Second World War. Or at least that's what's on the surface. I dare you to read this book and discover its mysteries for yourself!
Here are some of the quotes from the book that I would like to share with you today. I couldn't find these particular quotes in English so a…

Reasons Why I Get Angry | Let's Get Personal

Sometimes I get really angry and frustrated with myself. My head is overfilled with ideas but I keep on tripping over my own feet and can't move forward. I get jealous looking at people who bring my ideas to life and succeed whereas I can't even get started.
I'm not angry because they came up with the same ideas. No. I'm not that sort of naive people who think that they can claim ownership of ideas or are afraid to tell someone the idea for their novel because they don't want anyone to "steal" it. Many people observe the same world that you do, the same laws of logic apply to everyone, so it's not surprising that the same idea may pop up in the minds of different people. What really counts is how you act on it.
The problem is that I more than often lack the proper resources to make my ideas a reality. And it makes me so angry.
As a part of my plan to get over these circumstances, I've decided to start this blog. This is going to be my outlet. A b…