Skip to main content

My "Fake" Personality

I've already vented about this once on Facebook but I figured it wouldn't hurt writing a blog post as well just to gather my thoughts and see where I'm standing.

My therapist thinks that my personality is "fake". That I only have a lot of interests because it's a way of making myself interesting enough for other people so that maybe they'd want to talk to me and be friends.

It doesn't count that I've always been that way and that when pursuing my interests I don't think about other people. I'm caught up in the moment, engaged and fascinated by whatever it is that I'm doing. And when I'm sharing my interests I'm not thinking about how I'm being perceived at the moment.

How can all this be fake?

My therapist once told me to do an exercise where I was supposed to "explore" my true self. Somehow she led me to the conclusion that without my interests I don't exist.

And I can only find my true self through mindfulness and meditation.

I tried asking her to give me some examples of "real" personalities so that at least I knew what I'm looking for but she said that I'll have to figure that out for myself.

Long story short, I'm not talking to that therapist anymore and I have no intentions of giving up on my interests. Now I know better, and I no longer think that I won't exist without them. I'll still be there but it'll be a terribly boring existence.


Comments

  1. You made a good decision here. I like your many interests. You've a creative mind and shutting that down, isn't a solution to anything. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. :) I can't even imagine shutting that down. I think letting out all of that creative energy is a lot healthier.

      Delete
  2. I like that you questioned your therapist. A lot of times we put so much trust in our doctors or counselors that we will do whatever they ask of us without first thinking for ourselves as to whether it is true or not. I think you made a wise decision in not seeing that therapist anymore and ultimately continuing with what makes you happy :) Love ya girl and your cross stitching art is amazing by the way!

    Nikki O.
    http://www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki. :) I guess she wasn't the right match for me but I'm still grateful for the time I had with this therapist because she did help me in some ways. Either way I'll make good use of that experience. <3 I'm glad you like my cross stitching. <3<3<3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dissecting Literature Series Intro

Hello there, friends! Today I'll tell you about what I have in mind for this blog when it comes to book-themed posts and reviews. What I've noticed from my previous blogging experience it's common practice to review books, be it ARCs or something you've picked out from your home library, giving the potential reader a general idea of what to expect from the plot and characters. Personally, I was never able to do that sort of book reviews.
When it comes to books it's always personal for me. Books trigger something in me, provoking thoughts and bringing out feelings from deep within. Every book has something that goes beyond the story. It has a piece of the author's heart and soul. The more I read the more I see how many books are written from the personal experience of the author, which they often admit themselves. Books are a reflection of the author's personal surroundings. And you can notice it in every book once you start paying attention. Whether it'…

Quotes | The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy by Agota Kristof

I was going through some old blog entries from the times when I was blogging in my native language, and came across a collection of quotes from one of my favorite books The Notebook by Agota Kristof. It's actually a trilogy but for some reason the Russian translation which I was reading goes by the name of the first book from The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy.
I read this book in the summer of 2012. The Twins Trilogy was hands down one of the weirdest books I've ever read. The plot kept on twisting and turning and by the end I wasn't sure what to believe. It's probably high time to re-read this book and see if I now have a different perception of it.
It is a story of two twin boys during the Second World War. Or at least that's what's on the surface. I dare you to read this book and discover its mysteries for yourself!
Here are some of the quotes from the book that I would like to share with you today. I couldn't find these particular quotes in English so a…

Reasons Why I Get Angry | Let's Get Personal

Sometimes I get really angry and frustrated with myself. My head is overfilled with ideas but I keep on tripping over my own feet and can't move forward. I get jealous looking at people who bring my ideas to life and succeed whereas I can't even get started.
I'm not angry because they came up with the same ideas. No. I'm not that sort of naive people who think that they can claim ownership of ideas or are afraid to tell someone the idea for their novel because they don't want anyone to "steal" it. Many people observe the same world that you do, the same laws of logic apply to everyone, so it's not surprising that the same idea may pop up in the minds of different people. What really counts is how you act on it.
The problem is that I more than often lack the proper resources to make my ideas a reality. And it makes me so angry.
As a part of my plan to get over these circumstances, I've decided to start this blog. This is going to be my outlet. A b…