Skip to main content

#CampNaNoWriMo weekly vlog 1-2 | #amwriting

Hey, guys! It's been a while since I've updated my blog. But I have an excuse this time. Ever since July started I've been participating in the Camp NaNoWriMo challenge (link). My goal for the month of July is to write 30k words of my current WIP (and hopefully get that 50% discount on Scrivener).

I'm trying to vlog weekly about my Camp NaNoWriMo experience and I'm really enjoying it so far. Of course, I've faced some difficulties as well. I had to learn some new tricks in Sony Vegas, the program that I'm using to edit most of my video. And I can't quite yet figure out what to say or not to say in my vlogs, which results in them being very long. But I'm learning as I go.

As for the writing part of the whole deal, I'm a little bit behind, but still feeling positive. I'm not trying to catch up anymore, but I'm writing every day and enjoying the process immensely.

And yes, there are a lot of cat clips in these vlogs. :3

Here are the first two videos! Hope you enjoy watching these vlogs just as much as I've enjoyed making them.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dissecting Literature Series Intro

Hello there, friends! Today I'll tell you about what I have in mind for this blog when it comes to book-themed posts and reviews. What I've noticed from my previous blogging experience it's common practice to review books, be it ARCs or something you've picked out from your home library, giving the potential reader a general idea of what to expect from the plot and characters. Personally, I was never able to do that sort of book reviews.
When it comes to books it's always personal for me. Books trigger something in me, provoking thoughts and bringing out feelings from deep within. Every book has something that goes beyond the story. It has a piece of the author's heart and soul. The more I read the more I see how many books are written from the personal experience of the author, which they often admit themselves. Books are a reflection of the author's personal surroundings. And you can notice it in every book once you start paying attention. Whether it'…

Quotes | The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy by Agota Kristof

I was going through some old blog entries from the times when I was blogging in my native language, and came across a collection of quotes from one of my favorite books The Notebook by Agota Kristof. It's actually a trilogy but for some reason the Russian translation which I was reading goes by the name of the first book from The Book of Lies - Twins Trilogy.
I read this book in the summer of 2012. The Twins Trilogy was hands down one of the weirdest books I've ever read. The plot kept on twisting and turning and by the end I wasn't sure what to believe. It's probably high time to re-read this book and see if I now have a different perception of it.
It is a story of two twin boys during the Second World War. Or at least that's what's on the surface. I dare you to read this book and discover its mysteries for yourself!
Here are some of the quotes from the book that I would like to share with you today. I couldn't find these particular quotes in English so a…

Reasons Why I Get Angry | Let's Get Personal

Sometimes I get really angry and frustrated with myself. My head is overfilled with ideas but I keep on tripping over my own feet and can't move forward. I get jealous looking at people who bring my ideas to life and succeed whereas I can't even get started.
I'm not angry because they came up with the same ideas. No. I'm not that sort of naive people who think that they can claim ownership of ideas or are afraid to tell someone the idea for their novel because they don't want anyone to "steal" it. Many people observe the same world that you do, the same laws of logic apply to everyone, so it's not surprising that the same idea may pop up in the minds of different people. What really counts is how you act on it.
The problem is that I more than often lack the proper resources to make my ideas a reality. And it makes me so angry.
As a part of my plan to get over these circumstances, I've decided to start this blog. This is going to be my outlet. A b…